When my daughter was a baby, she was constantly trying to jump. She jumped up and down on my lap, she jumped on the floor as I supported her and she jumped in her doorway jumper. The doorway jumper is made up of a seat suspended from straps that attach to a bungie like cable.
At the top of the elastic cable is a clamp that fastens to your door frame. This article provides everything you need to know about doorway jumpers for babies, as well as five reviews that will help you select the best doorway jumper for baby.
What You Should Look for in a Baby Jumper
- Weight Limit– It is important to note that all jumpers come with a weight limit for safety and warranty protection.
- Seat- While comfort is a relative term, you should always ask yourself this question when choosing the best doorway jumper for baby – is the seat comfortable? Additionally, you should go with one whose cushions are removable and machine washable.
- Toy Attachments- Sometimes more is less. A few toys will be enough. Remember, the adventurous world our kids live in does not call for anything that doesn’t add fun to it.
- How Packable It Is– Your best choice of a doorway jumper should be one that is packable enough; for storage in a closet or for taking with you on a day trip.
- Suspender– A sturdy bungee strap, as well as the connection to the doorway, will save you the fear of worrying about your baby’s safety
- Adjustability– The seat should come with height as well as position selections for your baby.
- Style– Lastly, when choosing a doorway jumper for your baby, never forget that beauty is still the spur. Select a doorway jumper color and design that is appealing.
Doorway Jumper Safety
Whether or not you think you have the best doorway jumper for baby, always practice good safety while using a doorway jumper. Most of what is listed below as a guideline is general common sense and applies to most baby accessories. When used properly, a doorway jumper is a safe plaything.
- As is the case with most baby accessories, do not use the doorway jumper near a stairway.
- Do not attach extra toys to your jumper as these could become a strangulation hazard.
- In case the height or weight of your baby exceeds the recommended specifications for the jumper, avoid using the jumper immediately.
- Make it a habit of monitoring you bay while they are in the doorway jumper.
- The jumper should be placed on a flat object and in a free space.
- Take your baby out of the doorway jumper if removing it from the doorway.
Benefits of Doorway Jumpers
Doorway jumpers are generally easy to install and maintain. Some parents claim that their baby developed stronger leg muscles and balance from using a doorway jumper, however there is no proof of this theory. Some of the benefits of a doorway jumper for the baby include the following;
- Allows your baby to exercise.
- May help pre-motor skills develop.
- Although a baby must be supervised while using the doorway jumper, it does provide the parent with hand free monitoring.
Buying the Right Doorway Jumper for Your Needs
Buying a doorway jumper for your baby should be a fun experience for you, because you will literally be adding more fun to the life of you baby. When you educate yourself on the options and safety of baby doorway jumpers you are ensuring a good choice. The following Amazon reviews should be helpful in your search for the best doorway jumper.
The Best Doorway Jumper For Baby Reviews
Hitting the 4.4 Star rating on Amazon, this doorway jumper is economical and provides the basic fundamentals of a doorway jumper.
- You can easily move your baby from one room to the next
- It provides enough comfort to your baby by having hidden safety cord
- Little Jungle is easy to clean and machine washable thus saving you time
- You can attach additional toys
- You can adjust the Jumper to any level
- The little Jungle has balancing issues where baby can lean on one side
- Cannot be used for taller babies
Verdict: The fact that this jumper is easy to transport from room to room makes it one of the best available today.
Customer reviews scoring a 4.4 Star rating on Amazon, this doorway jumper has 65 Amazon reviews with 92% of the reviews scoring higher than a 4 Star.
- It is suitable for the baby to hang for long hours, by keeping the baby giggling
- The seat has a soft canvas feel that keeps the baby warm and comfortable
- It is more secure to hang on the doorway because of the heavy metal spring and good for heavier babies
- It has full swivel seat to accommodate all the fun stuff
- It is portable and keeps the toddler entertained
- Seats don’t move for smaller babies
- Shorter babies struggle to touch the ground.
Verdict: With its no-mark clamp, all those looking for a doorway which is both safe and advances hygiene might as well settle for this one.
Earning the 4.3 Star rating on Amazon, this doorway jumper comes in a cute blue design perfect for a boy or girl.
- Stratus keeps the baby in playful by having sturdy bounce spring
- It has all extras you need to keep your baby involved while taking your time in doing house chores
- 360 degrees seat with no straps attached to keep baby at central involvement
- Stratus is portable for storage and travel
- It is most common and widespread jumper and also machine washable
- Big Babies cannot move on their own
- Tight fit for fat babies
Verdict: I would say this is one of the best doorway jumper for your baby for the simple reason that it is machine washable for as we know, this is scarcely a perk that comes with most jumpers.
Earning the 4.2 Star rating on Amazon, this doorway jumper is the most economical on our list and provides only the very basics of a doorway jumper.
- They offer everyday fun with cartoonish designs and cool toys hanging from every side
- It has multiple options that the baby can enjoy like jumperoo
- Comes in a fully-encased spring and has soft base landing and adjustable to fit your baby height
- It is easy to assemble
- It has thick padding and has beautiful design
- Works best with tall door flames
- Evenflo is hard to wash and takes more time
- Do not fit all doorways with molding.
Verdict: The Evenflo Exersaucer tops the list of some of the best doorway jumpers for babies on account of its safety. The fully encased spring is just one of the safety features you will be looking for when choosing this jumper.
Earning the 4.5 Star rating on Amazon, this doorway jumper is the highest rated door jumper on our list and also the most expensive.
- 90% of parental reviews on Amazon were a five-star rating
- Comes together with attached door clamp for doors frames
- It moves in all directions and promotes baby breathing
- It is safe for baby balance and comfort
- Suitable for smaller babies with added support
- It can support baby walking and has sturdy back support
- For Baby getting in and out can be problematic
- There are no volume controls.
Verdict: This one will win the medals because of the non-twist strap features that enable you to move your baby from room to room with ease.
First of all, it should be stated that Gracois the leader of manufacturers of baby products that repeatedly are well rounded in the categories of price, safety, and design. For the sake of providing a range of price points, we reviewed one jumper costing much lower than Graco brand jumpers and one jumper costing much higher than Graco brand jumpers. Overall, the Graco is the best doorway jumper for your baby.
Scoring a 4.4 Star rating on Amazon, this doorway jumper has 65 Amazon reviews with 92% of the reviews scoring higher than a 4 Star.T he Graco bear Trail has an adorable design, toys securely attached and adjusts for a comfortable fit in most doorways. The price is also right, listed moderately in the middle of the other reviewed jumpers.