New parents everywhere are always looking for the best lightweight all terrain stroller. Any parent on their second or third kid can tell you there are enough issues to concern yourself with without having to deal with the added stress of trying to disassemble or lug around stroller that weighs fifty pounds. Those without kids may have no idea how quickly having a screaming child on your arm can wear you down. Discerning parents, like soldiers, look for any way to cut down on the overall weight of everything they have to carry. Advantages of a Lightweight Alternative
Heavy strollers can weigh in excess of fifty pounds. This can place a great deal of undue strain on any parent.
Lightweight strollers are preferred for anyone that is looking to keep their carrying weight to minimum. The wear and tear on the average parent is tremendous both mentally and physically, and having any added strain make things unnecessarily harder.
Rolling With the Heavyweights
It’s quite subjective what is to much weight for a parent to bare, but there are some mothers that find some strollers so heavy and unbearable the that they would rather pick their child up and put them on their backs than have to lug a heavy stroller around. It can sometimes take more that fifteen minutes to break down a heavy stroller and its contents to load it into the car.
This type of product is best used if you live in areas that are hilly and steep, or if you are someone that spends a great deal of time traveling with your children. Single mothers in particular should consider something a little more lightweight. Options that allow you to quickly break down and store your lightweight all terrain stroller will become precious before you know it.
Should You Go Lightweight
There are a few key factors in determining whether or not you need to go with the best lightweight all terrain stroller, rather than something heavier. You have to think about your lifestyle. If you are simply going to museums, schools and sidewalks then it may be perfectly fine to have something heavier. However, if you are living an active lifestyle you will need something both lightweight and compact.
Reasons Not to Use Lightweight Strollers
Some critics have said that there are some good reasons to stay away from a lightweight stroller. As odd as it may sound there are some that believe that lightweight all terrain strollers are somehow counter productive. Some believe that, like with cars, the more wieght you have sitting on the wheels the more grip you have on the road. However that theory really only applies when you have an engine pushing the weight. When it’s an exhausted mother of three, the dynamics are quite a bit different.
Using This Product
This product is best used if when traversing the urban jungle. You may feel comfortable with a heavyweight, four-wheeled while moving about a museum or mall for a few hours. But for longer journeys in uneven terrain, you will need something that doesn’t weigh you down.
Top Picks the best lightweight all terrain stroller
We will now look at which picks, and do our best to help you choose the best lightweight all terrain stroller to meet your individual needs. There are a great deal of products to choose from, so to weed out the lemons, we’ve produced this list to provide you with only the best of the best.
The Baby Jogger City series is one of the mainstays of the infant transportation world. Providing a great mix of style and reliability at a great price, you can find everything you need right here. Weighing in at just over twenty pounds with a 4.5-star rating on amazon, with a reasonable price tag at $250
- Plush seat that hug your child’s body
- A cover that creates a tent over the rider
- A solid weight rating that supports both child and luggage
- legroom is sufficient for taller kids, but may be to big for smaller ones
- Plush seats become scratchy when wet
At just over 11 pounds, the Kolcraft is one of the best lightweight all terrain stroller picks on the market. With a moderate price tag and solid dependability, this product delivers honest features at an affordable price.
- Very lightweight for the parent on the go
- moderately price and works with almost any budget
- Three tiered canopy keep toddlers protected from the elements
- Some concerns about durability and pieces not holding up to the test of time
- low carrying weight as there is a shortage of pockets and storage compartment
Boasting an impressive 4.6 star rating on Amazon rating and coming in at a very reasonable $150 price tag. This stroller is light, dependable and versatile for the money, and is a good choice for any active parent.
- Spacious baby tray allows child to keep drinks secure
- 5 point restraint system keeps riders safe and secure
- Extendable European canopy
- Durability issues over time
- Lack of storage space for extra luggage
- No parent tray
The Debut 3-wheel stroller is designed to be lightweight and fold down easy for transportation in a vehicle or up and down the stairs. With a moderate price tag and an array of useful features, this is a good choice for a parent’s first or third run.
- All terrain tires for maneuverability
- Ergonomic adjustable handle and comfort foam grip
- Padded Bumper bar that swings away for easy access to the rider
- Reported durability issues over time
- Reports of front wheel wobbling over time
- Reports of stroller shaking
The Graco Pace Stroller is a unique blend of utility and style. Both easy to maneuver and easy to transport, the lightweight stroller makes it a simple matter to get across town and hit the trails when you arrive. Coming in right at $100 this is a great product for the money
- Solid shocks for a comfortable ride over distance
- Locking front wheel for long distance travel
- Simple one-hand fold for quick loading
- New on the marker without many reviews
- reports of wobbling in front wheel
- Lack of storage space Take Your Time
With so many great products on the market its tough sometimes to make a final decision. Take your time and read the reviews carefully to decide what the best option for you and your little rider is. You always want to consider your lifestyle and your budget, but also take into account safety and durability. You want to find something that is not only worth the money but will last an hold up with an active lifestyle.