Contrary to the popular belief, being a child’s parent is not child’s play. Bringing up children can be a hell of a job and they call a housewife/mother jobless. Besides taking complete care of every need of the child, the biggest challenge is to decide and buy the right products among thousands of options available out there.
Here, we are going to talk about choosing the best mattress for toddler twin bed which is very important as the kid spends a substantial amount of the day on it.
What are a toddler twin bed and its mattress?
The period of a toddler’s transition from a crib to a bed is both exciting and difficult for both the parents and the kids. Therefore, it is important to choose an appropriate bed as well as an appropriate mattress for the wellbeing of the kid. The choice of a right mattress depends on a number of factors such as size, material, comfort and durability.
Different types of mattresses
As technology advances, new inventions are made and this also applies to mattresses which are available in several forms such as Innerspring, Memory Foam, Latex Foam, and Futon out of which the former two are the most popular.
- Innerspring Mattress – This is the most basic and budget-friendly mattress and comes with spring coils and though they are not the most durable, they can easily bear a child’s weight for a few years.
- Memory Foam – A memory foam mattress is the latest innovation and as the name suggests, it takes the shape of a person’s body when in use and springs back to normal shape afterwards. It responds to either the heat or the pressure applied to it. Despite being very comfortable, it might not be the best choice for your kids due to its chemical composition.
Significant Characteristics and How to Choose
The choice for the best mattress for toddler twin bed depends on the features you are looking for like material, comfort, and durability.
- Material – The choice of material is important as it may affect the kid’s health significantly. Mainly, there are two types of mattresses’ material: natural and synthetic. Natural, or organic, is the obvious choice as it is not harmful. The synthetic varieties, though not always, can prove to be unsafe as they may contain substances that are not suitable for a child.
- Comfort – Generally, mattresses come in different comfort levels ranging from very soft to plush to very firm. It is recommended to have an average firm mattress with a plush memory foam or latex foam topper to add comfort to it. A firm mattress is useful in the case of the growing bodies of children.
- Durability – In terms of durability, it depends on how many years you are planning to use the mattress. In case of a grownup kid who is not going to get much taller, a mattress of high durability is required which generally comes with the memory and latex foam mattresses. For a growing kid, it is better to buy an innerspring coil mattress which is less durable.
Tips to help you make the right decision
- Choose the right size.
- Choose a mattress which provides sufficient support.
- Choose the correct firmness.
- Do not only look for the price tag. Do ample research.
- Test several mattresses, preferably along with your kid, before making a final decision.
- Is it also going to be used for sleepovers of your kid’s friends?
There is no prerequisite to using this product other than the fact that you must have kids to buy the best mattress for toddler twin bed.
The Best Mattress For Toddler Twin Bed Reviews
One of the best mattress for toddler twin bed in the market with Amazon rating of 4.5, it is a firm mattress with Pressure Relieving Comfort Foam and iCoil Pocketed Springs which is made up of hundreds of iCoils for more comfort. The foam is CertiPUR-US certified for performance and durability.
It is an ideal choice for kids in terms of comfort considering they spend a lot of hours on the bed. In terms of durability, it is the best choice as it is found to be exactly the same by many users even after years of utilization. It is also perfectly firm for small children and can be used by them for a long time.
- Firm but not hard
- Many springs included
- Comfortable and durable
- Some report that the mattress has been sagged from middle after relatively short time of usage
It is very good mattress (Amazon rating 4.5) with memory foam which reduces pressure points and gives an amazing feeling to children. Also infused with Charcoal, Green Tea and Natural Castor Oil, it decreases the foul odor that may irritate the children. The cover is made up of real bamboo fibers. It is very comfortable and reduces the harm.
- Combination of softness and firmness
- Very cheap
- Very comfortable
- Synthetic material
- Retains body heat which might be a problem during summer
This one is made of a couple layers of foam, one at the top and other at the bottom in order to increase the comfort level. It also boasts of 7” independently encased coils which provides equal weight division. It contains no harmful chemicals and the foam is CertiPUR-US certified. It is great for kids with moderate levels of comfort and the perfect firmness for a growing child.
- CertiPUR-US certified
- Two layers of foam
- Independent coils
- Not highly comfortable
- Sags in the middle in some cases
Considered one of the best mattress for toddler twin bed, this mattress is equipped with a couple firmness levels, one for babies and another for toddlers. On the toddler side, there is an extra layer of cushioning added for more comfort. It is claimed to be highly durable and can be used throughout the childhood of your child. It fits all the standard cribs and beds and does not consist of any inflammable substances for added safety.
- Standard size available
- Two firmness levels for different age children
- Very durable
- Too firm for some children
It is a memory foam mattress with multiple layers such as memory foam, pressure relieving comfort foam, and high-density base support foam. As a matter of fact, its high quality foam is certified by CertiPUR-US for performance and durability. It uses the latest innovation BioFoam which is made of natural plant oil extracts which helps keep your mattress fresh and free of harmful chemicals.
- CertiPUR-US certified
- Comes with natural foam substance – BioFoam
- Thinner than others
- Bottoms out for a heavy kid
The task of choosing the best mattress for toddler twin bed is not too easy and it requires a lot of research. All the different factors affecting the quality requirements are to be taken into consideration. Along with the support and comfort levels, it is also necessary to take into account other aspects such as the age of the child, durability and price.
The use of new technology to develop new kinds of mattresses is a threat to health because new technology uses synthetic substances and chemicals. Mattresses can be a breeding ground for microscopic organisms that cause allergies in children. Considering that children spend considerably more time sleeping than adults, the mattress they use should be examined carefully in all aspects. All that said, the Sleep Master Memory Foam 5 Inch Youth Mattress, Twin emerges top of our list of best mattress for toddler twin bed, thanks to its great comfort and durability. It is apt for those parents looking for something that is long-lasting and that also adds a smile to the face of their
All that said, the Sleep Master Memory Foam 5 Inch Youth Mattress, Twin emerges top of our list of best mattress for toddler twin bed, thanks to its great comfort and durability. It is apt for those parents looking for something that is long-lasting and that also adds a smile to the face of their toddles with its high comfort.