So many choices and So Little Time. Safety cost effectiveness and value, and longevity of the product all help determine whether or not the stroller you’re considering is worth the hundreds that can easily be spent on it. There are too many products to be looked at in a single day or even a week, and it can be tough to choose from when they are all claiming to be the best off road stroller on the market. So here we will be taking a look a the top market picks and breaking down their value so you can make the best choice possible. Making the Right Call
Always consider your lifestyle and activities. If you want to make sure you pick the best off road stroller for you, make sure you have a good idea of your budget and needs. Also bare in mind that you will need to transport this product in your vehicle and upstairs, so keep the weight in mind to make sure that it’s something you can handle easily.
Finding the Best Value
The complex off road strollers on the market today are very different from the four-wheeled shopping carts that many of us were pushed around town in as kids, but if you are a parent on the go you know it’s always best to have versatility in a product. Standard strollers really only hold their own on a completely flat, smooth surface and, while lighter and more compact, they simply aren’t meant for anything beyond the floors of supermarkets, malls, schools and the like. To make your pick, you’ll need to really think about what activities you’ll be engaging in.
Standard strollers really only hold their own on a completely flat, smooth surface and, while lighter and more compact, they simply aren’t meant for anything beyond the floors of supermarkets, malls, schools and the like. To make your pick, you’ll need to really think about what activities you’ll be engaging in.
Don’t Get Taken For A Ride
Some say that even the best off road stroller is simply a means for companies to hike up the prices of a product that truthfully performs no differently in most situations. The argument being that most of the time when you’re out jogging you’ll be on a paved sidewalk or park path, and most parents aren’t taking their infants hiking into the mountains with them. However, it should be noted that on any terrain other than paved roads or paths it can, in fact, get very tough to maneuver yours.
Different Types of Stroller
It’s important to understand the differences between an all-terrain stroller and a standard one. Off road strollers have three, usually air-filled tires with deep treads on them rather than four pressed rubber wheels. This is important as the off road tires and three wheel design will allow you to navigate most any terrain with ease. It should also be noted the there are some strollers that are specially designed for jogging, they have a sleeker design and are meant to move at consistent high speeds
Off road strollers are best perfect for taking you child with you to the beach, on wooded paths, or basically anywhere that will have limited access to paved roads. Parents who try to jogging with standard four-wheeled stroller that aren’t made for this activity often find themselves spending more time trying to control their strollers and keep their kids comfortable and safe than they do running.
Off road strollers are heavier than normal, between 20 and 30 pounds, and are larger when folded up. However the added versatility and durability can really make a difference over time. The comfort of the ride for your children will be much better in something with softer wheels, built in shock absorbers a seat designs to cushion the added impact that an active lifestyle brings.
Top Product Review
To find the best off road stroller for you. You’ll need to look at a good amount of products and the differences between them. What’s best for you is totally subjective but here are the cold facts.
Coming in on the lighter side of all-terrain strollers at only 21 pounds, the City Mini GT boasts some impressive features.
- Despite its compact size, the Mini GT has a taller than average seat back and a longer leg well for taller children
- Seat back reclines to near vertical positions for lounge feel
- Plush seats are ventilated to keep your child cool
- Plush vented seats for ventilation help keep your child cool, but it they do get wet they can become itchy for some kids
- Seat back and leg well are not adjustable for shorter kids
The B.O.B Revolution SE is designed to function as both an all terrain stroller and jogger. Its multi-function design will allow the active parent to tackle any situation with ease.
- The 5 point restraint system keeps your child secured while regardless of use.
- The multi-position canopy holds a several points to allow you to both shield the rider from the elements and allow a good view as well.
- Padded handlebar for your added comfort as you’re moving
- Parking brake and locking front wheel for added control
- Available car seat adapter is useful, but bulky and difficult to run with
- Average price is around $450, a bit high for most budgets
The Bugaboo’s signature washed denim cloth give this product a unique look for the parent that is looking for something both functional and fashionable.
- A good amount of zippered pockets and storage compartment for carrying
- The seats have a leather look to them for added comfort and style
- Robust construction give a long lasting quality
- Stylized features do not contribute to functionality
- Price of nearly $1500 is extremely high for the features provided
The Quinny Buzz Xtra bares a unique design the seats the rider high up over others, and is made for the parent that is on the go and still wants their toddler to be part of the fun.
- Removable carrier for can be used as a car seat
- Unique design seats the rider higher up than in other designs, giving them both viability and safety
- Extra thick wheels with deep treads to handle mountainous or muddy terrain with ease
- Carriage and frame are separate pieces and don’t all fold down as one
- Reports of carriages breaking
The Baby Trend Velocity has some hefty and well-thought out features considering the price range, and allows both parent and child to enjoy the ride together.
- Speaker built into parent try to keep everyone involved and enjoying their walk, run or hike
- Parent tray with cup holders
- Multi-position reclining seats for added versatility
- Large Bicycle tires
- Tall designs can affect structural integrity in pressed
- Complaints of wheels unlocking once in place
- Some parts must be disassembled rather that folded down
- Complaints of disassembled parts loosening during long runs
Making Your Choice
There are a lot of products to choose from, so it’s best to consider the lifestyle you live and the environments that you are planning on venturing into. For the fitness inclined, a jogger-style is what you want. For those that live in the country or plan to take your little tyke hiking, you’ll want a stroller with thick treads and plenty of storage for carrying capacity for water and snacks. Remember that there’s no need to break the bank when there are some great deals out there that will give you everything you need.
My Mom’s Best